One position is for a Camp Coordinator and Senior Instructor and the other positions are for Camp Instructors. Two positions are funded through Canada Summer Jobs and are only open to people 15-30 years old. Other positions are part-time and hours are dependent upon camp enrollment numbers.
Mandatory Skills and Experience
· NCCP multi-sport and ELCC or CanoeKids training
· Pleasure Craft Operator Card
· Paddling experience – preferably outrigger, sprint kayak or whitewater
· Experience working with youth of a variety of ages
· Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
· Excellent character demonstrating responsibility, integrity, flexibility, sound judgement and a focus on safety
· Knowledge of safe boating practices
· Criminal record check
· Standard First Aid with CPR Level C
· Restricted Operator Certificate (Maritime) for VHF operation
· Lifesaving or lifeguarding qualifications
· Work collaboratively with the other coaches to plan and deliver fun and safe programs. This includes water and land-based activities.
· Greet campers and their families and ensure youth are signed in/out each day
· Collect forms and payments and enter data into appropriate systems
· Educate campers regarding safety in and around boats and model appropriate behaviour at all times
· Ensure all equipment is handled and stored appropriately
· Prepare the safety motor boat daily
· Assist in the planning and running of special events
· Publicize VYPC programs and attract people to the club
· Other duties as assigned
Send a resume and cover letter describing your skills, experience and availability to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is Friday, May 17, 2019.
Salary is based upon skills, qualifications and experience. When scheduling coaches, preference will be given to those who are available for the entire week.