Job Opportunity - Summer Camp Coaches
VYPC is seeking enthusiastic coaches to run weekly camps and other summer programs for youth age 9 to 14. Camps run weekday mornings from Monday June 28 to Friday, August 27.
Positions funded through Canada Summer Jobs are only open to people 15-30 years old. Other positions are part-time and hours are dependent upon camp enrollment numbers.
Mandatory Skills and Experience
· NCCP multi-sport and ELCC or CanoeKids training
· Pleasure Craft Operator Card
· Paddling experience – preferably outrigger, sprint kayak or whitewater
· Experience working with youth of a variety of ages
· Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
· Excellent character demonstrating responsibility, integrity, flexibility, sound judgement and a focus on safety
· Knowledge of safe boating practices
· Criminal record check
· Standard First Aid with CPR Level C
· Restricted Operator Certificate (Maritime) for VHF operation
· Lifesaving or lifeguarding qualifications
· Work collaboratively with the other coaches to plan and deliver fun and safe programs.
· Greet campers and their families and ensure youth are signed in/out each day
· Collect forms and payments and enter data into appropriate systems
· Educate campers regarding safety in and around boats and model appropriate behavior at all times
· Ensure all equipment is handled and stored appropriately
· Prepare the safety motor boat daily
· Assist in the planning and running of special events
· Publicize VYPC programs and attract people to the club
· Other duties as assigned
Send a resume and cover letter describing your skills, experience and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is Friday, May 28 2021.
Salary is based upon skills, qualifications and experience.